Where have you been???

Many of you may have been wondering where I've been. Things have been busy at home, and I haven't had much time for blogging.

The biggest chunk of my time has gone to my son. Our 4 yr old son had his tonsils and adenoids removed last Thursday. So, we spent our Labor Day weekend nursing him back to health. I'd say that he pulled through it very well, but we definitely had our ups and downs. He has been fairly low key, and his appetite comes and goes. The biggest challenge we've had is getting him to drink enough fluids. Today is his first day back at daycare...a little sad for me. Hopefully it goes well, because tomorrow is another big day for him. Tomorrow is the first day of preschool. Last week they had an open house, and he had a blast. So much so that when it came time to leave, he didn't want to go home.

It is a bit weird not having the kids around today. It has been a while since I've taken them to daycare on one of my days off...and after a long weekend with them, it sure is quiet around here. I mustn't spend too much time enjoying the peace and quiet though...there is much to do today. I need to finish cleaning up around the house. More importantly, I must finish getting things together for an appointment I have this afternoon. I'm headed over to check out the lovely little shop opening today in Lake Villa, called Artisans Ball. I actually heard about the shop through Etsy, as the owner is an Etsy seller. The shop features a number of indie artists, a list which will hopefully include myself soon too.

Over the coming weeks, I will do what I can to bring the blog back up to normal speed. It may take a while though because my husband has a couple of business trips, and I'll be a single mom for a while. Thanks so much for your patience!!

0 comments: