Words to live by: Perseverance

Our greatest glory is not in never failing,
but in rising up every time we fail.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Recently, I found myself very discouraged after my jewelry didn't sell all that well at an open house. I really let it get to me.

After pondering the significance of this one, small failure, I realized that its not the end of the road for me. I need to bounce back stronger. A successful business is not just going to fall in my lap with the touch of a button. I have known that for a while now, but the reality of the idea is finally sinking in.

I have come a long way with my business over the last year, but I still have quite a haul ahead of me. I am pleased with the success that has come so far. But I want more. This is not where I envision the end of the road. So, I must work harder to find my niche, to reach my target audience.

Perseverence is a necessity for a successful business. Perseverance is also a necessity in my role as a parent. Rarely a day goes by that I don't hear my son speak the words "mommy, I can't do it!". Each time, I encourage him to try again. I do everything I can to give him confidence in his abilities.

Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance. With all of that, I can and I will have a successful business. I must push ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A cool link I found with quotes about perseverance:
The Virtue of Perseverance

0 comments: